Management and Operations Consulting
Concentric’s managerial experience in all segments of the natural gas, electric and water industries enables us to deliver significant value to clients. We focus on gaining a thorough understanding of each client’s critical strategic objectives, business processes and value drivers, and then work collaboratively with our clients’ employees to identify and develop high-impact/high-feasibility initiatives.
- Business unit optimization
- Objective and fact-based assessments of competitive position relative to key performance metrics and success factors
- Merger synergies analyses
- Analysis of operating processes and costs as key inputs to business unit or enterprise-wide valuations studies
- Performance benchmarking for operating, regulatory and strategic analyses, including cost allocation and transfer pricing issues between affiliated companies
- Process redesign and performance improvement initiatives for key supply chain, marketing, and administrative processes
- Audit support services for companies that are subject to management audits performed by or for regulators
- Management systems and process analysis for joint venture companies to ensure that service-level agreements, cost allocation practices, and inter-affiliate activities are effective and efficient
- Risk management
- Developed organization and process re-design strategies for large, integrated utilities, municipal utilities, energy trading and merchant generating companies.
- Performed numerous competitive assessments of merchant generating and wholesale trading capabilities in markets throughout North America.
- Developed an estimate of and provided testimony regarding the synergies realized as a result of a corporate acquisition.
- Performed an assessment of post-merger synergies relative to expected synergies and industry benchmarks for a large, merged Midwest utility.
- Provided benchmarking analysis of a western U.S. LDC’s operating and financial performance on a broad range of performance metrics.
- Performed a detailed review of the reasonableness of the need for and cost of, shared services provided by an affiliated company to its regulated affiliates.
Management and Operations Consulting Services Contacts