Market Assessment and Strategy Development
Concentric’s analytical work in energy markets spans all aspects of the natural gas and electric markets. Our work encompasses energy commodity, capacity, transmission, and distribution markets, including spot, contract and forward price analysis. Our advisors have performed market assessments for entry and investment decisions in electric generation, LNG, gas storage, electric transmission, gas pipeline and renewable energy projects throughout North America.
- Integrated resource planning
- Market entry analyses
- Market power analyses
- Expansion planning
- Demand and supply forecasting
- Energy procurement and contracting
- Energy portfolio optimization
- Risk assessment and management
- New service development
- New market design and implementation
- Development and management of energy procurement processes
- Competitive assessment and repositioning
- Prepared the data, developed the econometric forecast models, developed the sendout forecasts, and provided the required documentation for the demand forecast section of a utility’s integrated resource plan filing. Concentric also provided regulatory support and testified at commission hearings to support the integrated resource plan filings.
- Provided resource planning and GHG compliance analysis in support of proposed multi-billion dollar base load electric generation facilities for two large eastern U.S. utilities.
- Prepared a detailed competitive assessment for a large interstate pipeline in the northeastern U.S., which was considering future expansion.
- Conducted an independent analysis of the risks and benefits of an existing natural gas storage facility in the northeastern U.S. for a major European financial institution.
- Analyzed the economics of committing to a large IGCC project proposed for a utility’s service area by an independent developer.
- Served as ISO-NE’s expert external market monitor and implementation manager for the design, development, and creation of a forward capacity market.
- Provided an independent market power analysis for a natural gas storage developer in eastern Canada, including the submission of testimony regarding the appropriateness of future storage pricing policy.
Market Assessment and Strategy Development Services Contacts